Inspectorate of Finance // The Luxembourg Government
Presentation of the IGF
The Inspectorate of Finance, "Inspection Générale des Finances" or IGF, was established by the Law of 10 March 1969. The Inspectorate is operating under the authority of the Budget Minister and works under the responsibility of the director of the Inspectorate.
IGF's missions primarily consist in drafting the pre-project of the law related to the national budget of revenues and expenditures, in issuing evaluations regarding projects and plans whose execution is likely to impact the State's finances, and in investigating any matter submitted by the Council of Ministers or a member of the government.
The Inspectorate of Finance is also entitled to make suggestions in order to set up the State's investment programming schemes to be validated by the Council of Ministers and to supervise the implementation of adopted schemes. The IGF is also accredited to make any suggestion that could presumably result in savings or in improving the organisation of the Public Administration services in order to ensure the efficient functioning of the public services.
- Ministry of Finance
- DCF (this site is currently only in French)
- State’s Treasury (this site is currently only in French)
- Cour des Comptes or Court of Auditors (an overview is available in English, the rest of the site consists of reports and links to documents in French language)
- Chamber of Deputies (this site is currently only in French)
- Official internet site about State’s Budget (currently in Luxembourgish with full translation available into French)
- European Commission
- European Semester (European Commission)
- ESA 2010 (European Commission)
- European Structural and Investment Funds
- Guidance on European Structural and Investment Funds 2014-2020
- Internet portal of European Union funds in the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg (currently only available in French)